I often get asked how many children I have...my answer is usually around 50...none that I have given birth to, but I claim them all the same. God has shown me tons since I have served in this ministry...tons of sin in my life, tons of areas where I need to grow, and tons about loving others.
The specific things I have learned in children's ministry are endless and growing, but here are a few...
1. You have to have a sense of humor...I am concerned about folks who do not have one...
2. Be flexible...your plans can be changed in an instant. Which leads to #3...
3. God's plan and my plans are not always the same...be ready to adjust accordingly...
4. Be ready to be humbled...it is gonna happen...
5. Never underestimate the power of hug from a 3 year old...amazing...
6. God's word is powerful, and children are never too young to hear it...
7. Goldfish + Animal Crackers = BEST SNACK EVER!! (I have a preschool hall of witnesses who will give testimony to this!)
8. Children's Ministry is not only about the children...it is about the family
9. Faithful servants who love the Lord are invaluable...
10. Sleep is overrated...a few days a camp will explain why...
to be continued...

No comments:
Post a Comment